- 1 box instant mashed potatoes(4-6 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Cook potatoes according to package directions. In a bowl, mash potatoes with buttermilk and butter. Stir in egg, parsley, mustard, and garlic powder. Shape mixture into eight patties. Dredge patties in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry half the patties in hot oil for 3 minutes or until nicely browned. Gently turn cakes over and cook 3 minutes more. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining patties. Season with salt. Top with crumbled cooked bacon and chives (optional).